Renting a Split private apartments is often the best way to stay in Split Town, and it’s the best alternative to hotel accommodation. You will certainly spend less and save on Split private apartments accommodation.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Private holiday rentals offer exceptional value for money and are one of the most cost-effective solutions for your holiday. Renting a two-bedroom apartment is much cheaper than renting two hotel rooms.
It is great for the whole family, even for your dog if you have one. Split is a pet-friendly town offering pet vacation rentals. Split even has a beach for your four-legged family members.
Are Split private apartments a good alternative for traveling on a budget?
Split private apartments can be a good alternative for traveling on a budget, depending on your preferences and needs. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of renting a private apartment in Split:
- You can save money on accommodation, especially if you travel with a group of friends or family and share the cost of the apartment. The average rental price in Split for flats starts from 27 €. You can find cheaper options in less central areas or by booking in advance.
- You can have more space and privacy than in a hotel room or a hostel dorm. You can also enjoy the amenities of a home, such as a kitchen, a washing machine, a balcony, etc.
- Renting Split private apartments, you can experience the local culture and lifestyle more authentically by staying in a residential area and interacting with the neighbors and the hosts.
- You may have to pay extra fees for cleaning, utilities, taxes, etc. that are not included in the rental price. You may also have to pay a security deposit that will be refunded after your stay if there is no damage to the property.
- You may have less flexibility and convenience than in a hotel or a hostel. You may have to arrange your check-in and check-out times with the host, follow their house rules, and deal with any issues or problems that may arise during your stay.
- You may have less access to services and facilities that are available in hotels or hostels, such as reception, concierge, breakfast, luggage storage, etc.
Split private apartments by location
Split is not a big city but it will be important to book your apartment to your specific needs. If you are interested in sunbathing and swimming you will need apartments near Split beaches like the famous Bacvice beach or some more quiet beaches along Marjan hill.
Most travelers like visiting the old Diocletian palace and strolling the beautiful front-sea Riva promenade, tasting the vibrant Mediterranean way of living.
For them, the best solution is renting an apartment overlooking the Riva promenade or one apartment inside the old Diocletian palace walls.
For those looking for some special places, I suggest Varos, one of the oldest parts of town. A place where most of the city peasants and fishermen used to live.
Charming streets and beautiful small stone houses are all just a few minutes from the old city core.
Split Apartment Split within the Diocletian city walls
To sleep within the Diocletian Palace walls means to be in straight contact with this 1700-year-old history. Perhaps you can’t live in your palace, but you can easily rent a part of this one.
By staying within the walls, it refers to the restricted space inside the four palace gates as shown on the Split city map with the Cathedral of St. Domnius, central Piazza Peristil, and Diocletian mausoleum.
This is the best place for some excellent photography, especially if you’re in the mood for climbing the Bell Tower to witness the fantastic panoramic views from the top.
Inside the palace walls, there are plenty of choices where you can eat very well at normal and acceptable prices. Strolling its narrow streets or taking part in many walking tours, is the best way to learn the glorious history of the Split town.
Here are 204 apartment properties within the Split Diocletian walls from three to five stars. Most of them are located within the UNESCO-listed Diocletian's Palace. It offers modern-style accommodation with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.
Luxury Split private apartments near Bacvice Beach
Bacvice is an urban, central city beach, situated a few minutes of walking south past the railway station. Bacvice Beach is a famous hangout with dancing until dawn, with a full program of live rock and jazz on summer nights.
Bacvice is backed by many restaurants, cafe bars, and nightclubs all lined up and easy to walk to. The beach has been awarded the Blue Flag.
The whole area of Bacvice Beach district offers over 275 apartment properties. Below you will find some personally visited apartments in Split, close to this fashionable sandy beach:
- Apartments Suzy – Surrounded by parks and pine trees, apartments Suzy is located next to Split’s Bacvice Beach, a 5-minute walk from the ferry terminal. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are available.
- Apartment Mario – is a beachfront property situated in Split, less than 1 km from Diocletian's Palace. The air-conditioned accommodation is 100 meters from Bacvice Beach, and guests benefit from private parking available on-site and free WiFi.
- Bianca Beach Apartments – is set 250 meters from the well-known Bačvice Beach. Surrounded by greenery, it offers an air-conditioned apartment with free Wi-Fi.
- With a stay at APARTMENTS ZUVELA in Split (Bacvice), you'll be a 4-minute drive from Bacvice Beach and 6 minutes from Split Riva. Featured amenities include limo/town car service, dry cleaning/laundry services, and luggage storage.
Marjan hill apartments
Marjan Hill at the western end of the Split peninsula is a vast wood mountain park with its famous Marjan hill. This is a symbol of the Split town and the lungs of the city. Renting one of Split private apartments inside Marjan hill park will be a clever decision.
It’s the quietest place in Split with several beaches. One of them is a dog-friendly beach in case you are traveling with your pet. On this perfect holiday destination, you can find more than 43 Split private apartment properties. I suggest some of the best Split private apartments, located in Meje, the prestigious Split district.
- Apartment Pinus – This apartment in Split is set next to Marjan Forest Park. It offers spacious and air-conditioned accommodation with free Wi-Fi and a balcony.
- Apartments Great Sea View – 700 meters from the Riva Promenade, this apartment enjoys a quiet location 900 meters from Diocletian’s Palace.
- Meje Apartments – Located in Meje (Marjan Park), a quiet area of Split. It is situated just 800 meters from Split Old Town. It offers air-conditioned apartments and free Wi-Fi.
- Apartment Kastelet – Providing free Wi-Fi in a peaceful part of Split below Marjan Hill, this apartment in Split is a 100 meters walk from the beach, 200 meters from the Mestrovic Gallery, and 400 meters from Archaeological Museum.
Apartment in Split – Varos
Split private apartments in the Varos district are a good option for travelers who want to stay in a historic and charming area of the city, close to the Diocletian's Palace and the Riva promenade.
Varos is one of the oldest parts of Split Town. A place where peasants and fishermen lived, with charming streets and beautiful small stone houses.
Veli Varos has a very quiet neighborhood with the city’s top restaurants, romantic streets, and traditional Dalmatian houses. It's only a 5 min walk from Diocletian Palace. Below you'll find some of the best-recommended Split private apartment rentals in this old Split district.
Here are some of the private apartments you can find in the Varos district:
- With a stay at Guest House Petricevic, you'll be centrally located in Split, just a 5-minute walk from Split Riva and 9 minutes by foot from Diocletian's Palace. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
- A stay at Divota Apartment Hotel places you in the heart of Split, within a 10-minute walk of Split Riva and Diocletian's Palace. Featured amenities include express check-in, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
- Apartmani Varos offers apartments in different locations of Veli Varoš, a quarter with winding little streets. All apartments have air conditioning and they are less than 700 m away from Bacvice Beach.